Kyles Gunshop - Highly unprofessional

Highly unprofessional. I own a social marketplace for the firearms community that is 100% free for dealers to list and sell.

I posted an advertisement for this site in a group for dealers. Kyle was so upset at this that he joined my site, created a profile names "*** You" and posted pictures of men's penises. My wife and family are on this site, I do not feel its good business to do this. Kyle is also active in the conservative movement in his local government.

Not very conservative behavior. With attitudes like this I would not trust him selling me or my family guns, it very childish behavior and gives the firearms community a bad name.

Screen shots to follow. He was also kind enough to leave us his IP address....

Preferred solution: act more professional.

I liked: Noithing.

Kyles Gunshop - Kyles' refused to allow me to correct an order prior to shipping and refused to issue a refund after I received the order

Jacksonville, North Carolina 1 comment

I placed an order several weeks ago for 1,000 rds of Federal HST pistol ammo. I inadvertantly ordered 20 of the 50 round boxes, which is more expensive than if I had selected 2 of the 500 round bulk option.

I called FIFTEEN minutes later and told the store that I had made an error, and wanted to restructure the order to get the bulk discount. The order was still in the warehouse, sitting in an unopened 1,000 round box from Federal. But Kyle's refused. They said I would have to pay a ~ $150 restocking fee to cancel and place a new order, even though nothing had shipped. $150 to pick the box up off the floor and put it back on the shelf...

They shipped me the exact 1,000 round case in the box from Federal - no repackaging or anything extra labor-wise (that repackaging labor is why it can cost more if you don't buy in bulk).

Over the next several weeks, I sent THREE emails to Kyle's and made TWO phone calls asking to be given the bulk price (= a small refund of the difference) where I talked to 2 employees who took down the details and said they'd make sure Kyle got them. All 3 emails and both phone calls were completely ignored - no response. Today I made the 3rd phone call, and finally got a call back this afternoon telling me that I was at fault for how the order had been done, and no refund would be given (of course Kyle himself didn't make the call).

Poor, poor business ethics. There are plenty of reputable companies who don't ignore customers and refuse very common sense refunds in order to make a quick buck.

They've lost my business and that of my family and friends (a rather extended group). Consider whether you want to give a person / company like this your business as well. I can tell you what kind of experience to expect if anything goes imperfectly.

Review about: Federal Hst Pistol Ammo.

Comments

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States #784365

Hahaha so your saying you ordered and received exactly what you ordered but after placing order realized you could buy in bulk for $20 cheaper? Sounds like you screwed up not kyle's gunshop.

Kyles Gunshop Cincinnati Ohio

Columbus, Ohio 4 comments

Called in and talked to an employee about a rifle coming in and to let me know when it came in. He called and sail they were in and it would cost $599 plus tax.

In 2 weeks time rifle was on internet site for $549 when I enquired it took three days for a reply . When I bought the rifle I was told cost went up and they were makin $40 on the sale.

I did not ask for any money and just tested the waters to see how customer service was and my last reply was enjoy my rifle you cry baby and all other e-mails would go to spam. Would not refer an enemy to this business and I have bought 3 other weapons from this location and refered many who will now know that you are a cry baby if you have a complaint

Comments

Troy, Ohio, United States #947172

I've purchased 2 Ruger revolvers and 1 Glock semiautomatic, plus several 1/2 cases or full cases of 5.56, buckshot, .45, .38 special and some bricks is .22LR. The negative opinions are uncharacteristic of Kyle and his staff.

You are dealing with ex-military and law enforcement types here. If you want touchy-feely, go chat up the guys working cosmetics at Nordstrom.

Columbus, Ohio, United States #664484

I've been to the store and to a number of gun shows where Kyle exhibits. I've found if you ask Kyle questions he has "attitude." For that reason the last three guns I bought from his competitor.

His selection and pricing is good but in my opinion I would go elsewhere....unless you are willing to deal with this type of bad attitude.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #651774

I've used many guns stores in my life. Kyles has been the easiest, no hassle for FFL transfers.

Guns fluctuate in prices, and internet pricing is hard to beat from a virtual store with no overhead. But if you want personal service, and to physically touch your gun before purchase, then Kyles can't be beat.

They are standup guys with no BS.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #641653

I've purchased two rifles from Kyle's and have no complaint with the price or service. The salesperson was friendly enough, would recommend to friends.

View more comments